Hung Curd is Curd or Yogurt drained of its water. Its thick and creamy in texture. Hung Curd is used in many Indian Recipes like Tikkas, Kababs, Wraps, Sandwiches, Dips and Chutneys. Its Low in Sugar and Carbs and high in Protein and Calcium. In this Dip we have used Mustard oil as the flavour and curry leaves and mustard seeds as tempering. Its Creamy, Rich, Flavourful and made from easily available ingredients.
One of my friends had made this Hung Curd Dip to go along with her various snacks. It was love at first taste. It just melts in mouth leaving behind the strong mustardy taste in mouth. Its very easy and simple to make. Its the healthiest alternative for cream and mayonnaise.
To make Hung Curd take 200 gms Curd and put it in a clean Muslin Cloth. Tie the Cloth and hang it for an hour to drain the water. Once water is drained, open the cloth and put the hung Curd in a bowl.
150 gms Hung Curd
2-3 Teaspoon Mustard Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
Few Curry Leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida
1/4 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
Salt to taste
PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
In a bowl take Hung Curd and add salt and chilli flakes
Mix curd well till its a smooth consistency, make a small well in between
In a small pan heat mustard oil and crackle asafoetida, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
Pour the oil on the curd and done.
Serve with snacks and bread!
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 47.6Calories from Fat 24.3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.7g4%
Saturated Fat 0.8g4%
Trans Fat 0.3g
Total Carbohydrate 3.6g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.0g0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
North Indian curries usually have thick, moderately spicy and creamy gravies. Usage of dry fruits and nuts is fairly common, along with dairy products like milk, cream, cottage cheese and ghee (clarified butter). Yoghurt play an important role in the cooking these dishes. Today in “Jai Ki Rasoi Se” used one of the dairy products “Fresh Cream” to make “Tamator Methi Malai”. This dish goes well when served with any Indian Bread or Flavoured Rice
टमाटर मेथी मलई
हिंदी में सुनो :-
1. Roughly Chopped Tomatoes (Kate Tamator) – 250 Grams
2. Finely Sliced Onion (Kati Pyaz) – 1 Medium Size
3. Cream (Malai) – 2 Table Spoon
4. Finely Chopped Fenugreek Leave (Barik Kati Methi) – 4 Bunches
5. Finely Chopped Green Coriander (Barik Kata Hara Dhaniya) – 1 Bunch
6. Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder) – 1 Table Spoon
7. Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) – 1 Table Spoon
8. Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder) – 1 Tea Spoon
9. Whole Spice Powder (Garam Masala Powder) – ½ Tea Spoon
10. Caraway Seeds (Shah Jeera) – ½ Tea Spoon
11. Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder) – 1 Tea Spoon
12. Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lasoon Ka Paste) – 1 Table Spoon
13. Slit Green Chillies (Kati Hari Mirch) – 5 to 6
14. Oil – As Per Requirement
15. Salt According to Taste
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadai, once the oil is hot add caraway seeds and cook till oil get its flavours
2. Add finely sliced onion and cook it till they become light brown
3. Now add finely chopped fenugreek leave and green coriander. Mix and cook till oil get separated from it
4. Now add ginger garlic paste along with all dry powdered masalas like red chilli, turmeric, coriander, cumin, whole spice powder and season with salt according to taste. Mix all the ingredients and cook till oil get separated from them
5. Add roughly chopped tomatoes and mix them. Cover and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or till they become slit soft
6. Finally add cream and slit green chillies. Mix and cook for a minute
7. Now the dish is ready to be serve with any Indian bread or flavored rice