Tinda is a famous south asian vegetable which belongs to the gourd family. Its a Indian squash or baby pumpkin which is green in colour. It holds the shape of an apple so also known as Apple Gourd.
It is a superfood full of health benefits. It has many anti-inflamatory agents which helps in controlling blood pressure and heart diseases. It is full of fiber and has increased water content which keeps body cool and healthy. It also increases urinary flow and helps relieve toxins from the kidney.
Bottle gourd or Lauki is a healthiest and the most versatile vegetable to use. It can be used in a curry, in a stir fry, in a dessert, health juices and in soups. Its easy on the stomach and easily digestible. Bottle gourd or Lauki belongs to the cucumber family and enables weight loss.
As per Ayurveda, Lauki is a must have, wholesome food that helps our body fight with infections and dieseases. Lauki has various vitamins like A, B, C, K and E. It is also rich in minerals like manganese, potassium and iron. Bottle Gourd aids in weight loss as it is easily digestible. Lauki has no calories, no saturated fats and is made up of 90% water.
This recipe is a quick and easy recipe of Lauki. It uses only salt, turmeric and black pepper as spices. Whenever you are tired make this instant lauki and enjoy a wholesome and nutritional meal.
Paneer bhurji is a irressistable and flavourful recipe from the North India. Paneer bhurji is a quick, easy and staple food from Punjabi Cuisine. It is made by crumbling the paneer and saute it with onions and tomatoes. Paneer bhurji best tastes with Roti, Parathas or even Toasted Bread. Paneer bhurji is a favourite dry vegetable – best for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner Ideas.
200 gms Paneer
1/4 Cup Peas
1 Green Chilly
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon Oil
1/2 Cup Fresh Coriander
PREPARATION TIME: 10 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
Chop Onion, Tomato and Green Chilly
In a pan heat oil and crackle jeera seeds
Add Onions and Saute till Translucent
Sprinkle Red Chilli powder and Chopped Green Chilly
Add Tomato, Peas, Salt and Saute till it gets dry and peas get soft
Add Crumbled Paneer and mix well
Garnish with Fresh Chopped Coriander and serve hot with parathas and bread
Fried Rice is a dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried in a wok or a frying pan and is usually mixed with other ingredients such as eggs, vegetables, seafood, or meat. But today in “Jai Ki Rasoi Se” used very simple ingredients like Paprika Powder & Lemon Juice and made “Paprika Lemon Fried Rice”. This dish can be served with curd or raita
1. Cooked Rice (Paka Huwa Chawal) – 250 grams
2. Finely diced Potato (Barik Kata Aloo) – 1 Medium Size
3. Finely Chopped Green Coriander (Barik Kata Hara Dhaniya) – 1 Bunch
4. Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lasoon Paste) – 1 Table Spoon
5. Slit Green Chillies (Kati Hari Mirch) – 5 to 6
6. Black Cumin Seeds (Shahi Jeera) – 1 Tea Spoon
7. Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder) – 1 Table Spoon
8. Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder) – ½ Tea Spoon
9. Lemon Juice (Nimbu Ka Ras) – 2 Table Spoon
10. Oil – As Per Requirement
11. Salt (Namak) – According to Taste
1. In a bowl add cooked rice, red chilli powder, lemon juice and season it with salt according to taste. Mix all the ingredients and keep it aside
2. Heat oil in frying non-stick pan or kadai, once the oil is hot add the black cumin seeds and cook them till the oil get its flavour
3. Add finely diced potatoes, very little salt and mix them. This will help potatoes to get cooked fastly. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or till potatoes become soft
4. Now add ginger garlic paste turmeric powder and slit green chillies. Mix and cook till mositure from the paste gets evaporated.
5. Add the mixed rice that you kept aside. Mix gently and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes
6. Finally add finely chopped green coriander. Mix and cook for one more minutes
7. Now the dish is ready can be served with curd or raita
Amaranth Leaves or Cholai Saag are nutritious and full of iron, vitamins and minerals. In India is widely used in every household in various forms like stir-fries, soups, salads, saag, or curries.
I tried it out as a stir fry with Kala Chana Sprouts. Sprouts being a source of power and protein, this Amaranth with Chana Sprouts Stir fry is the healthiest meal one can include in their daily meal plans.
HOW TO PREPARE:
* Wash and chop the spinach and amaranth leaves
* Chop onion, tomatoes and garlic cloves and keep aside
* In a wok, heat up oil and crackle jeera seeds, and saute garlic
* Add in chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent
* Add in Chopped tomatoes and turmeric, saute till tomatoes go soft
* Add red chilly powder, salt and Chana sprouts, mix well
* Add little water, cover the wok and cook for few minutes
* Finally ad in chopped Spinach and Amaranth leaves and mix well
* Sprinkle dry mango powder and cook till leaves wither
* Cook till all water is evaporated and leaves come together
* Serve hot with parathas and chilled curd