Hung Curd is Curd or Yogurt drained of its water. Its thick and creamy in texture. Hung Curd is used in many Indian Recipes like Tikkas, Kababs, Wraps, Sandwiches, Dips and Chutneys. Its Low in Sugar and Carbs and high in Protein and Calcium. In this Dip we have used Mustard oil as the flavour and curry leaves and mustard seeds as tempering. Its Creamy, Rich, Flavourful and made from easily available ingredients.
One of my friends had made this Hung Curd Dip to go along with her various snacks. It was love at first taste. It just melts in mouth leaving behind the strong mustardy taste in mouth. Its very easy and simple to make. Its the healthiest alternative for cream and mayonnaise.
To make Hung Curd take 200 gms Curd and put it in a clean Muslin Cloth. Tie the Cloth and hang it for an hour to drain the water. Once water is drained, open the cloth and put the hung Curd in a bowl.
- 150 gms Hung Curd
- 2-3 Teaspoon Mustard Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- In a bowl take Hung Curd and add salt and chilli flakes
- Mix curd well till its a smooth consistency, make a small well in between
- In a small pan heat mustard oil and crackle asafoetida, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Pour the oil on the curd and done.
- Serve with snacks and bread!