Bottle gourd or Lauki is a healthiest and the most versatile vegetable to use. It can be used in a curry, in a stir fry, in a dessert, health juices and in soups. Its easy on the stomach and easily digestible. Bottle gourd or Lauki belongs to the cucumber family and enables weight loss.
As per Ayurveda, Lauki is a must have, wholesome food that helps our body fight with infections and dieseases. Lauki has various vitamins like A, B, C, K and E. It is also rich in minerals like manganese, potassium and iron. Bottle Gourd aids in weight loss as it is easily digestible. Lauki has no calories, no saturated fats and is made up of 90% water.
This recipe is a quick and easy recipe of Lauki. It uses only salt, turmeric and black pepper as spices. Whenever you are tired make this instant lauki and enjoy a wholesome and nutritional meal.
Watch the video of this recipe – https://youtu.be/9W_Hb6cefdY
- 4 Cup Diced Lauki / Bottle Gourd
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper as per taste
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Oil / ghee preferably
- 1/2 Lemon Juice (Optional)
PREPARATION TIME: 10 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- In a wok, heat oil and crackle jeera or cumin seeds
- Add in Turmeric and diced Lauki or Bottle Gourd. Mix well
- Cover and cook till lauki gets soft.
- Add in tomatoes, salt and black pepper. Mix in well
- Cover and cook until lauki and tomatoes release water.
- Add water if more curry is required.
- Add in fresh coriander and green chilli and let it cook for few more minutes
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.