Pearl couscous are little edible pearls that were developed in Israel in 1950’s. Its a machine made rounded kind of pasta made from semolina or suji. It is ideally used as a base in a grain salad or risotto as it has a slightly chewiness just like any other pasta.
1 Cup Pearl Couscous
1/2 Cup fresh Coriander
1/2 Lemon Juice
4-5 Garlic pods
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon Oil
HOW TO PREPARE:
Cook pearl couscous as written on its packet. Generally its boiled in water. 1 Cup measure of Couscous takes around 1 3/4 th cup water. Boil the water and add couscous, let it cook for 10 mins until they swell up. They should break easily between two fingers. Once done, drain excess water and keep it covered for 5 mins. Then fluff up with a fork.
Heat oil in a wok, add garlic pods and let it get browned or burnt to get a smokey garlicky flavour.
Throw in the couscous, salt and pepper and give everything a good mix
Take it off the flame and sprinkle lemon juice, mix well
Add in chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes and fresh chopped coriander .
Spin well in a salad mixing bowl. Voila its ready to eat!
Chicken breasts being lean meat and easy to cook, becomes the most popular chicken cut. There are so many options or varieties in which chicken can be cooked in a simple yet healthy manner. Chicken is an excellent source of protein, B vitamins and minerals.
This continental recipe is easy to cook, low in fat, low on spices and healthy, as it comes under the balanced food category. Chicken stew is a perfect amalgamation of chicken, rice and veggies for nourishment and health. For Keto option rice can be taken off.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Basmati Rice
1 Tablespoon Butter
6 Garlic Cloves
2 Teaspoon All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Broccoli florets
1/2 Cup Carrots
1/2 Cup Corn Kernels
1/2 Cup Beans
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1/4 Cup Green Onion
1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Water as required
PREPARATION TIME: 40 minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
Wash and chop all Vegetables and keep aside
Wash and dice the Chicken breasts and keep aside
Heat up butter in a pan and saute finely chopped Garlic until golden brown
Throw in the chopped Onion and saute until a little brown
Add in Chicken pieces and saute for a few minutes
Sprinkle all purpose Flour and mix well, saute till the flour looks completely cooked
Add in Basmati Rice, chopped Carrots and Beans and mix well, cook for a minute
In a separate bowl mix Chicken stock cube in little hot water
Pour in Milk, soup cube water and plain water(as required), give it a whisk, Let it cook on simmer
Add in Broccoli florets, Corn Kernels, Chopped Green Onions and Cilantro
Sprinkle Cumin powder, Black Pepper and salt. Keep on simmer till Rice is soft and done
Adjust Salt and Water as required.
Serve hot in soup bowls! Perfect for light dinner meals
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 165.4Calories from Fat 25.2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.8g4%
Saturated Fat 1.4g7%
Trans Fat 1.1g
Total Carbohydrate 25.5g9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9g12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Navaratri is one of the big festivals that is celebrated widely across the country. During these nine days people fast and variety of dishes by using most common ingredients like Sabudana, Rajgira ke Aata Peanuts, Potatoes, Vrat Ke Chawal (Bhagar/Sama/Barnyard Millet), Kuttu Ka Aata, Sweet Potato, Arbi etc. Today in “Jai Ki Rasoi Se” used Vrat Ke Chawal to make very yummy and delicious dish called “Vrat Ke Cutlet” Which is served with Tamator Ki Chutney
1. 1 Cup Barnyard Millets (Bhagar/Samo Ke Chawal)
2. 100 gm Boiled Potatoes (Ubale Aloo)
3. 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Green Chilies (Barik Kati Hari Mirch)
4. 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Curry Leaves (Barik Kati Curry Patta)
5. 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Green Coriander (Barik Kata Hara Dhaniya)
6. Oil – As Per Requirement
7. Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) – According to Taste
1. In a mixer jar add barnyard millets and grind into a powder
2. In a kadai or non stick pan boil 2 ½ cups of water along with ½ tea spoon oil and rock salt
3. Once the water comes to boiling point add the powdered barnyard millets. Mix it and esnure there are no lumps formed. Cook it for at aleast 3 to 4 minutes. Keep it aside to get it cool
4. In a vessel add cooked barnyard, grate boiled potatoes, finely chopped green coriander, chillies and curry leaves. Season with salt according to taste
5. Mix all the ingredients and keep aside for 5 minutes.
6. Apply oil on your palm and make thick patties or cutlet
5. Heat oil in a non-stick tawa, once the oil is hot place the cutlet. Cook both side till they are golden brown and crispy
Turai or Ridge Gourd is commonly found in most parts of country. It has always been treasured in ancient Ayurvedic Diets. It is rich in nutrients – Vitamin C, riboflavin, zinc and is also full of antioxidants. It is also known for its ‘cooling’ properties. Using such an ancient ingredient in “Jai Ki Rasoi Se” made very simple, healthy and delicious dish called “Turai Ki Sabzi Doodh Ke Sath” It goes well when served with any Indian Breads.
दूध के साथ तुरई सब्जी
हिंदी में सुनो:-
1. 500 gms Finely Chopped Ridge Gourd (Turai)
2. 1 Cup Milk (Doodh)
3. 1 Tablespoon Roasted Sesame Powder (Bhuni Til Ka Powder)
4. 1 Tablespoon Roasted Peanut Powder (Bhuni Mungphali Powder)
5. 1 Teaspoon Cumin & Mustard Seeds (Jeera Rai)
6. 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Green Coriander (Barik Kata Hara Dhaniya)
7. 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lasoon Ka Paste)
8. 3-4 Slit Green Chillies (Kati Hari Mirch)
9. 1 Tablespoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
10. 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
11. 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
12. 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
13. 1 Teaspoon Whole Spice Powder (Garam Masala Powder)
14. Salt According to taste
15. Oil as Per Requirement
PREPARATION TIME: 25 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
Heat oil in a non-stick pan or kadai.
Add cumin & mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle in order to get the flavors in the oil
Now add finely cut ridge guard and mix well. Cover it and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
At this stage add other ingredients – ginger garlic paste, red chilli, turmeric, cumin, coriander and whole spice powder.
Mix all the ingredients and cook till the oil get separated from the masala
Add the roasted sesame, peanut powder, season it with salt as according to taste. Mix well and cook till the oil get separated from it
Now add milk and mix well. Cover and cook it on low flame till mill get absorbed and ridge gourd is completely cooked
Finally add finely chopped green coriander and slit green chillies. Mix all and cook for another 2 minutes
The dish is ready to be served with any Indian bread or Steam Rice