Gajar Ka Halwa is a dessert, which is popular across India for any festive season. The taste of carrots, fragrance from the ghee, soft texture after its cooked and its aroma from cardamom.. oohh yum! With all the sweetness and nuts its a perfect dessert for any occasion or celebration to indulge in it…..
700 gms of grated carrots
600 ml Milk
150 gms of Amul Milkmaid
150 gms of Sugar
2 Tbsp of Ghee
8-10 pcs of fine chopped Almonds
5-6 pcs of fine chopped Cashew
15-20 pcs of Raisins
1/4th tsp of cardamon powder
PREPARATION TIME : 1 Hour
In a pan add the grated carrot and milk.
Boil it till the time the carrot becomes little soft.
Add milkmaid and sugar to the carrot mixture.
Cook on the medium flame for 5 -10 minutes.
Add almonds, cashew, raisins and cardamon powder to the mixture.
Cook on the medium flame till the time carrot absorbs all the milk , sugar and milkmaid.
Add ghee to the carrot mixture and stir the carrot mixture till the time it starts leaving the ghee on the sides.
Switch off the flame and let it rest for sometime.
The halwa is ready to be served.
Serves : 7 -8 persons
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 233.2Calories from Fat 77.4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.6g13%
Saturated Fat 4.2g21%
Trans Fat 2.2g
Total Carbohydrate 34.8g12%
Dietary Fiber 2.9g12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Red Kidney Beans or Rajma is a vegetarian dish and very popular amongst the favourites of the children, specially in the north of India. Generally, it is cooked by using Indian Whole Spices in thick gravy and commonly served in form of as Rajma Chawal. Today “Jai Ki Rasoi Se” churned out – ‘Rajma Mawa Barfi’, a unique dessert using this common ingredient. This new sweet is perfect for this Diwali. Happy Diwali to you and your family
1. Boiled Kidney Beans (Ubale Rajma) – 200 Grams
2. Castor Sugar (Shakkar or Chini Ka Powder) – 100 Grams
3. Milk Powder (Doodh Ka Powder)- 100 Grams
4. Milk Solid (Mawa or Khoya) – 100 Grams
5. Pure Ghee (Asali Ghee) – 100 Grams
6. Milk (Doodh) – 125 Milliliter
7. Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) – ½ Tea Spoon
8. Almonds (Badam) – 10 to 15
9. Cashew Nuts (Kaju) – 10 to 15
10. Pistachio (Pista) – 10 to 15
11. Silver Sheet for garnishing
1. Note: Soak kidney beans overnight and boil it. Keep it aside it get it cool.
2. Drain the water from the boiled kidney beans and put it in a mixer grinder to make a fine paste. Keep the paste aside
3. Heat pure ghee in a non-stick pan or kadai. Once the ghee is hot, add kidney beans paste. Mix and cook till rawness is removed from it
4. Add semolina and cook till it become golden brown
5. Now add milk powder & milk solid and mix them. Continuously stir and cook it for 5 to 6 minutes or till ghee gets separated
6. Add milk and mix it. Stir and cook till the semolina become soft
7. Now add castor sugar and mix it. Cook it till the ghee gets separated from the semolina and becomes a lump
8. Finely add grated almonds, pistachio, cashew nuts and cardamom powder. Mix all and cook for another 2 minutes. Keep it aside t get it cool
9. Grease a plate and spread the lump evenly on the tray. Garnish it with silver coating and keep it aside to get it cool. With help of knife cut it to square or diamond shape as per your requirement
10. Now the dish is ready, serve it by garnishing with finely chopped almonds and cashew nuts