Laddoos or a small sweet ball, originated in Indian Subcontinent. It is made out of a combination of flour, nuts, ghee, and sweetner. It was originally used for medicinal purposes. Laddoos are delectable to the tongue and is liked by all ages.
Laddoos are of many varieties and each fulfill a nutrient in the body. basically these laddoos are immunity and strength builders. One can make Ragi laddoos (whole wheat +ragi), Mueseli Laddoos (whole wheat + Mueseli) , Methi laddoos ( Whole wheat + Methi powder) etc.
Laddoos are also known as panjiri laddoos or Jaape ke laddoos. This variety has a number of ayurvedic or natural strenght giving ingredients like Cloves, Nutmeg, mace, Kamarkas Edible gum etc. It is the most common variety as its given to new mothers or lactating mothers.
Today we are preparing Whole Wheat and Flaxseed Laddoos! Flaxseeds are rich in Omega 3 and dietary Fiber. Flaxseed improves Cholestrol and Lowers Blood Pressure.
- 2 1/2 Cup Atta or Whole Wheat
- 1/2 Cup Suji or Semolina
- 1/2 Cup Alsi or Flaxseed Powder
- 1 Cup Bura Cheeni or Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Elaichi or Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Cup Almond Pulsed or Grounded
- 1 Cup Ghee or Clarified Butter
PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Grind Almonds and Keep Aside
- Grind the Sugar if using Granulated Sugar and keep aside
- In a dry Wok, Dry roast Atta until it becomes aromatic and golden in colour
- Add in Suji and Flax seed Powder, Keep roasting till colour gets little darker
- Add in Ghee and mix well until the atta gets wet and crumbly.
- Add Elaichi powder, mix and keep cooking on low flame, stirring in between .
- Once a nutty aroma comes, take it off flame and let it cool
- Once its cool and you can touch it , add grounded almonds and powdered sugar, Mix well.
- If mixture gets dry and not forming laddoos then add little hot ghee.
- If Mixture is too wet add more almond flour.
- Make Laddoos and keep it in air tight containers.