The leaves are changing color, the air is crisp, and winter is coming – it is soup season in the house. This is one of my favorite (easy) stews. Serve with a bowl of fresh white rice!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cup Chopped Celery and Onion Mix
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Star Anise
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Packet Frozen Okra
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 6-8 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder
- ½ Box Vegetable Broth
- 2 Links Vegetarian Sausages
- Salt to taste
HOW TO PREPARE:
- In a deep bottom pan or Dutch oven, heat the butter and olive oil.
- Add the flour and stir quickly to form a paste, cook until it changes color, think peanut butter texture and color.
- Now add the chopped celery and onion mixture along with the garlic, bay leaves, and star anise.
- Cook for a few minutes until tender, now add the white wine. Cook until the wine evaporates.
- Add the Okra and all the spices. Stir and cook for a couple minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, sausages, and salt to taste.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 8-10 minutes until you get a stew like texture.
- Top with parsley and serve hot!