Soups is kind of liquid food which is served either hot or cold. Its primarily water boiled with pureed fruits, vegetables or meat until the flavours are extracted or infused in water.
Tomato soup has tomatoes as its main ingredients. Its rich, luxurious and silky in taste. To give it another texture i added noodles this time. You can substitute noodles with rice noodles, rice or even pasta. Its topped with dry mint to give it a nice minty flavour.
Check out other soup recipes:
TOMATO NOODLE SOUP
- 6 Red Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5 – 6 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 1 Cup Noodles
- 2 Teaspoon Butter/Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 3 Cups of Water
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Cream
- A Pinch of Dry Mint
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Pre boil noodles to 70 %
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped garlic
- Once garlic is turned brown add chopped Onions, cook until translucent
- Add Chopped tomatoes and let it cook until water content reduces
- Add Salt, pepper, and sugar and keep cooking for 2 minutes
- Take off flame and let it cool. Blend it in a puree and return it back to the pan
- Add 3 cups water and the pre boiled noodles to the puree and let it boil for next 5 minutes.
- When done, serve hot topped with a spoon of Cream and a pinch of dry Mint
With this soup try Feeki Mathri instead of bread sticks.
Try it just before any good meal as an appetiser.