Tinda is a famous south asian vegetable which belongs to the gourd family. Its a Indian squash or baby pumpkin which is green in colour. It holds the shape of an apple so also known as Apple Gourd.
It is a superfood full of health benefits. It has many anti-inflamatory agents which helps in controlling blood pressure and heart diseases. It is full of fiber and has increased water content which keeps body cool and healthy. It also increases urinary flow and helps relieve toxins from the kidney.
- 250 gms Tinda / Apple Gourd
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi / Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dhaniya / Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lal Mirch / Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Amchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Cup Fried Onions
- Fresh Coriander or Mint for Garnish
- Fresh Green Chilli for Garnish
PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minutes
WATCH VIDEO RECIPE (Tinde ki Sabzi) – https://youtu.be/s0rlL3qBDSE
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Slice Onions and chop Tomatoes, Keep aside
- Wash, peel and Slice tindas or Apple Gourd and keep aside
- In a wok, heat oil and crackle some Cumin and throw in Turmeric.
- Add Sliced Tindas and mix well. Cover and cook until a little soft.
- Add in sliced Onions and keep stirring until all take up the turmeric colour
- Saute until a golden colour appears on tindas and onions
- Add in chopped Tomatoes, mix, cover and cook
- Add in Coriander, Cumin, Red chilli Powder and salt. Keep Stirring until all looks one.
- Cover and cook further till a nice aroma fills the air
- Sprinkle Dry Mango Powder and fried Onions , mix up well
- Cook until all moisture reduces.
- Garnish with fresh coriander or mint and green chilly
- Serve hot with rotis, naaans or parathas! Enjoy!