Soya Chunks are made of soy flour from which oil has been extracted. Soya Chunks are rich in Omega 3, polyunsaturated fats, proteins, calcium and iron. Soy has a high fibre content which increases metabolism, keeps stomach full for a long time and aids in easy digestion. But taking them in large quantities may damages liver as it increases the uric acid in body .
I have added other veggies too to complete or increase the nutrient content. This is easy recipe and can be made for parties as well or made regularly. Its a one pot meal recipe so less utensils are used!
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Soy Chunks
- 1 Large Potato
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Beans
- 1/4 Cup Corn
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2-3 Cardamom
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- Coriander for Garnish
PREPARATION TIME: 45 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Wash rice and keep aside, Slice the Onions and keep aside
- In a wok, heat oil, crackle Cumin Seeds, Star Anise, Cloves, Cardamom and Bay Leaves
- Add Sliced Onions and Ginger Garlic Paste. Saute until Onions get translucent.
- Add Corn, peas, Medium cut Potatoes, 1″ Cut Beans, Carrots and Soya Chunks.
- Keep Cooking until the veggies are slightly cooked
- Add Salt, Red Chilli, Turmeric, Garam Masala and Cumin Powder
- Mix everything and Add soaked Rice.
- Pour in double the quantity of water than the rice .
- Mix, Cover and cook until rice is cooked and water is reduced.
- Water should have dried up.
- Take off flame and keep it covered for 5-8 minutes for rice to get cooked in steam
- Once done serve hot with fresh coriander as garnish.