Pearl couscous are little edible pearls that were developed in Israel in 1950’s. Its a machine made rounded kind of pasta made from semolina or suji. It is ideally used as a base in a grain salad or risotto as it has a slightly chewiness just like any other pasta.
- 1 Cup Pearl Couscous
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Cup fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 4-5 Garlic pods
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Cook pearl couscous as written on its packet. Generally its boiled in water. 1 Cup measure of Couscous takes around 1 3/4 th cup water. Boil the water and add couscous, let it cook for 10 mins until they swell up. They should break easily between two fingers. Once done, drain excess water and keep it covered for 5 mins. Then fluff up with a fork.
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic pods and let it get browned or burnt to get a smokey garlicky flavour.
- Throw in the couscous, salt and pepper and give everything a good mix
- Take it off the flame and sprinkle lemon juice, mix well
- Add in chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes and fresh chopped coriander .
- Spin well in a salad mixing bowl. Voila its ready to eat!
- Enjoy with any meal or as a meal in itself.