Rainbow Salad is one healthy way to get more vegetables in your food. Kids as well as adults love the pop of colors and is a nutritious and delicious option of healthy food. Seeds being the superfood, add crunch and a nutty texture to the whole salad.
This low fat rainbow salad has all the food colors like, red, green, purple, orange etc. which is necessary for the body as it contains all the nutrients a body requires. Rainbow foods provides nutrients like Vitamin C, Fibre, Beta-Carotene, Lycopene and folate etc. This Salad is rich in potassium and dietary fibre.
- 1 Cup Napa Cabbage
- 2 Cup Iceburg Lettuce
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Avacado
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- Fresh chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- In a bowl, throw roughly chopped Napa cabbage and Iceberg Lettuce
- Add Shredded red cabbage and freshly chopped coriander
- Add diced tomatoes , avacados and cucumber, mix well
- Throw in Sesame seeds, Pumpkin seeds, and chopped Walnuts
- Sprinkle Salt and Black pepper
- Pour in Balsamic vinegar and mix all ingredients well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.