Cranberry Jam is sweet and sour bread spread. It has a rich and vibrant color that kids or even adults fall for it. Try this recipe for this Thanksgiving. Cranberries are in season now but are very sour and leaves a bitter taste when eaten raw. Tried this jam with fennel or saunf, to give it a very earthy aroma. Its easy to make with just 5 ingredients.
Cranberries is a popular superfood with 87% water content, 12% Carbs and moderate levels of Vitamin C and Dietary fiber. It has antioxidants which are good for immunity, reduces blood pressure. It reduces the risk of certain cancers and UTIs.
As its holiday time and families get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas festivities, this Cranberry Fennel Jam can be a nice delish addition to the festive dinner table.
A video link to cranberry jam recipe – https://youtu.be/gEZcQCkNpg4
- 2 Cups Cranberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Cornflour
PREPARATION TIME: 15 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Boil 1 Cup water and add in Fennel seeds to infuse its flavours
- Add Sugar and let it dissolve
- Add in the Cranberries , cover and let it cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in between and cook covered until the cranberries are mushy
- Mash up the berries until a pulp like consistency is formed
- Pour in cornflour mixed in 1/4 th cup water and keep stirring
- Cook until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Pour it in canning jars and close lid
- Once cool refrigerate it.
- Stays well in refrigerator for over a month.
- Make sure to wash the cranberries nicely as it might have some debris
- Keep stirring after adding sugar, Should not stick or caramalize
- After adding cornflour mix, if you get lumps then it the pan off heat and blend it with a blender.
- The canning jar should not have any moisture.
More such Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes:
Sweet Chilli Mango Chutney (without Vinegar)