This soft and spongy, little piece of art is a beauty on plate, with swirly swirls or waves of chocolate cake with the banana cake and added rich texture of walnuts. Well if you are craving for banana cake and chocolate cake both, then this delicious Banana Walnut Marble cake is the answer.
Bake this beauty to perfection with sugarfree granules or zero calorie sugar or artificial sweetener and enjoy a less calorie version of the super moist Banana Walnut Marble cake. Try making your own design or swirls, its pretty much fun thing to do with kids and family. When your cake turns out to be the centrepiece of the table, you are the one who is most proud. Happy Baking!
- 1 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour for dusting Walnuts
- 4 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar / Artifical Sweetner
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
PREPARATION TIME: 50 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Chop Walnuts and dust it with the flour and keep aside
- Mash the bananas and keep aside
- In a Bowl, blend sugar, eggs and oil till light and fluffy.
- Add in mashed bananas, vanilla essence and mix well
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt and milk, mix well
- Ensure there are no lumps, should be thick batter consistency
- Divide the mixture into two parts
- Add Cocoa powder to one part and mix well till the batter is dark and chocolaty
- Fold in walnuts equally in both divided mixture parts
- Pour little of the light coloured mixture in a greased pan
- Next pour in little of the dark mixture on the light coloured mixture
- Keep alternating until all batter is in the greased pan
- Make swirls or diagonal lines to create a beautiful design with a knife
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cake leaves the pan sides at 190 degrees centigrade.