1) 250 gms Badam/Almonds
2) 250 gms Ghee/Clarified Butter
3) 250 gms Mishri/Sugar
4) Few Almond flakes
5) 3 Tablespoon Milk
6) 1 Elaichi/Cardamom Powdered
7) Few strands of Saffron
PREPARATION TIME: 30 mins
HOW TO PREPARE:
* Soak badam overnite,Peel the skin and grind it with water to a smooth paste.
* Take a heavy bottom pan or non stick pan.
* Add sugar and 1/2 cup water and bring to boil,wait till the sugar dissolves.
* Simmer and Add the ground paste of almond and mix well to avoid lumps.
* Add milk, cardamom and saffron soaked in luke-warm milk.
* Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
* Add a tsp ghee in regular intervals.
* Keep stirring until the halwa starts leaving the pan.
* Pour it in a greased plate to let it cool down and garnish with Almond flakes.
1) If lump form and do not blend with stirring, then blend it with blender.
2) If halwa is sticky, then add more ghee and keep stirring for a while.
3) Consistency will be perfect if the whole process is done on medium flame.