Gajar Ka Halwa is a dessert, which is popular across India for any festive season. The taste of carrots, fragrance from the ghee, soft texture after its cooked and its aroma from cardamom.. oohh yum! With all the sweetness and nuts its a perfect dessert for any occasion or celebration to indulge in it…..
- 700 gms of grated carrots
- 600 ml Milk
- 150 gms of Amul Milkmaid
- 150 gms of Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Ghee
- 8-10 pcs of fine chopped Almonds
- 5-6 pcs of fine chopped Cashew
- 15-20 pcs of Raisins
- 1/4th tsp of cardamon powder
PREPARATION TIME : 1 Hour
- In a pan add the grated carrot and milk.
- Boil it till the time the carrot becomes little soft.
- Add milkmaid and sugar to the carrot mixture.
- Cook on the medium flame for 5 -10 minutes.
- Add almonds, cashew, raisins and cardamon powder to the mixture.
- Cook on the medium flame till the time carrot absorbs all the milk , sugar and milkmaid.
- Add ghee to the carrot mixture and stir the carrot mixture till the time it starts leaving the ghee on the sides.
- Switch off the flame and let it rest for sometime.
- The halwa is ready to be served.
Serves : 7 -8 persons