Notice: Function add_theme_support( 'html5' ) was called incorrectly. You need to pass an array of types. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.6.1.) in /home/t0osxjizltzz/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835
Deprecated: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is deprecated. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /home/t0osxjizltzz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/class-vc-frontend-editor.php on line 646 Others | Desi Spice World
Gajar Ka Halwa is a dessert, which is popular across India for any festive season. The taste of carrots, fragrance from the ghee, soft texture after its cooked and its aroma from cardamom.. oohh yum! With all the sweetness and nuts its a perfect dessert for any occasion or celebration to indulge in it…..
700 gms of grated carrots
600 ml Milk
150 gms of Amul Milkmaid
150 gms of Sugar
2 Tbsp of Ghee
8-10 pcs of fine chopped Almonds
5-6 pcs of fine chopped Cashew
15-20 pcs of Raisins
1/4th tsp of cardamon powder
PREPARATION TIME : 1 Hour
In a pan add the grated carrot and milk.
Boil it till the time the carrot becomes little soft.
Add milkmaid and sugar to the carrot mixture.
Cook on the medium flame for 5 -10 minutes.
Add almonds, cashew, raisins and cardamon powder to the mixture.
Cook on the medium flame till the time carrot absorbs all the milk , sugar and milkmaid.
Add ghee to the carrot mixture and stir the carrot mixture till the time it starts leaving the ghee on the sides.
Switch off the flame and let it rest for sometime.
The halwa is ready to be served.
Serves : 7 -8 persons
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 233.2Calories from Fat 77.4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.6g13%
Saturated Fat 4.2g21%
Trans Fat 2.2g
Total Carbohydrate 34.8g12%
Dietary Fiber 2.9g12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
HOW TO PREPARE:
* De-vein and wash the prawns and keep them on kitchen towel
* Chop Onions, garlic and slit the green chilly
* Chop the coriander leaves and keep aside
* In a wok, Heat oil, add garlic and saute for a minute
* Add onions and saute till translucent
* Add in the washed prawns and cook till almost done or turns pink
* Add green chillies, and saute for a minute
* Pour red chilly, vinegar, and soya sauce, mix well
* Add chopped coriander leaves and give a good mix to the prawns
* Serve hot with lemon wedges
1) 2 Cups Rice
2) 1 Kg skinless Chicken
3) 2 Onions Chopped
4) 1 Capsicum Chopped
5) 1 Cup Tomato Puree
6) 2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
7) 1 Teaspoon Jeera
8) 3-4 Cardamom/Elaichi
9) 1 Bay Leaf
10) 3-4 Cloves
11) 1″ Cinnamon Stick
12) 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
13) 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
14) 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilly powder
15) 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
16) 1 Teaspoon Kasoori Methi
17) 1 Lemon Juice
18) 1 Teaspoon Ginger Julienne
19) Salt to taste
20) Black Pepper to Taste
21) 2 Tablespoon Oil
22) Coriander Leaves for Garnish
PREPARATION TIME: 45 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
* Wash rice and soak it in water for 15 minutes
* In a Pot, boil water and add the rice with some jeera seeds and let it cook
* When done, drain excess water and serve hot rice, sprinkle some garam masala on it
* Wash the chicken and keep it in the strainer to remove excess water
* In a wok, Add oil and crackle Cloves, Elaichi, bay Leaves, and Cinnamon sticks
* Add Ginger Garlic paste and mix well
* Immediately add Chopped onions and let it saute for a few minutes
* When it starts sticking to bottom add 1/2 cup of water and cook further for 2 minutes
* Add Chicken Pieces and saute till chicken changes color to pale pink
* Add Salt, red chilly powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric and black pepper
* Add Tomato puree and a cup of water and let it cook for 5 minutes
* Add chopped capsicum and Kasoori methi, mix well, cook till chicken is done
* Check if there is enough gravy else add a little water and give it a boil
* Pour in lemon juice and further cook for 2 minutes
* Serve hot, Garnish with coriander leaves and ginger julienne