Chicken Teriyaki is from Japanese Cuisine and is a super easy recipe which hardly takes 15 minutes. Japanese Cuisine has a variety of gastronomical delights to offer. One of them being the Teriyaki Sauce. Teriyaki is a cooking method in japanese cuisine in which food is grilled, broiled or glazed. “Teri” means the glaze or shine on the food and “Yaki” means the cooking method – Grill or broil.
Chicken cooked in Teriyaki sauce is quick and makes awesome snacks for dinner parties and celebrations. Kids love this recipe as it has a little sweet taste.
- 6-8 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoon Soya Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onions (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minutes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Wash the Chicken and cut slits on the Chicken drumsticks
- Prepare Marination –
- In a bowl add Pineapple juice, half sesame oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, Soya Sauce, Salt and Pepper, Mix well
- Add the Chicken Drumsticks to the marinate and marinate for 1 hour
- In a deep Wok, heat rest of the sesame oil and saute finely chopped garlic
- Take the Chicken out of marination and put in wok for searing
- Cook well till the chicken seems to change color and all juices get locked inside
- Keep adding the liquid marinade and keep cooking till chicken is done
- Due to the sugar content in the last the sauce becomes sticky and sticks to the chicken.
- When chicken is cooked and all liquid evaporated, take the chicken out on serving dish
- Sprinkle Toasted Sesame seeds (white) as garnish and Spring Onions.
- Serve hot as nice wintry snack or with rice as teriyaki rice bowl
- To serve with rice leave a little liquid to serve as teriyaki sauce in the end