One of my favorites is DOMINO'S garlic breadsticks. Recipe for this is easy and can be found on web as many people have tried it out. I didn't want to follow the suit but secretly wanted to give it a try at least once. As I didn't have oregano at home, I made a different version of the breadsticks with garlic and dried mint. It tasted awesome and fresh. So the recipe following is my version. To make the original breadsticks just replace dried mint and chilly flakes with oregano!!
1) 1/2kg Flour/Maida
2) 1/2 Sachet Active dry yeast
3) 1 Tablespoon Sugar
4) 1 Cup Lukewarm water
5) 6 Garlic Cloves Chopped
6) 3 Tablespoon Olive oil
7) 1 Teaspoon Salt
8) 2 Teaspoon dried mint
9) 1 Teaspoon chilly Flakes
10) 1 Cup Corn kernels
11) 1 Cup grated Cheese
12) Black pepper to taste
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour (knead and bake) and 24 hours(rest and prove)
HOW TO PREPARE:
* In a bowl take yeast and add sugar.
* Add lukewarm water and leave for 10minutes to activate yeast
* Once yeast is frothy, means its active. Time to add other ingredients
* Add olive oil, salt, garlic and dried mint. Mix well.
* Add flour to the yeast mix 1 cup at a time.
* Do not add all flour together. Keep kneading the flour in between.
* Knead the dough for 15 – 20 minutes and make smooth and stretchy dough
* Let the dough rest in refrigerator for 24 hours.
* After 24 hours take the dough out. Cut in 4 equal size balls and let it rest for 10 minutes
* Sprinkle some flour on your working area and take 1 ball to work on it
* Flatten the ball and make a round shape. Add corn, chess and black pepper in center
* Fold the circle in half to form semi circle. Transfer the dough to a greased tray
* Cut the dough into breadsticks and drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle chilly flakes and salt
* Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 8 minutes.
* Then at 220°C for 5 minutes/ Till the required color is reached.